2. The No Soliciting sign on the door has been replaced by an Emergency Evacuation Plan;
3. The two sachets of coffee are Wolfgang Puck;
4. The mugs are made of something other than Styrofoam;
5. There is a lamp;
6. The plug is still attached to the lamp;
7. The lamp has a bulb;
8. The windows open;
9. The receptionist is not sitting behind reinforced glass;
10. The sink is not pink;
11. The usual synthetic brown blanket has been replaced by a duvet inside a white duvet cover – and it doesn’t appear to have been used;
12. There’s nothing on your Google search to confirm your suspicion your room has been the scene of a gruesome crime.
[Incidentally, the picture was taken – by Dave – at the Royal Sun, Palm Springs, which is really nice . . . in an old-fashioned way].